Anatoliy A. MAZARAKI
Doctor of Economics, (1993), Professor (1994), Academician of the Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine, Honored Scientist of Ukraine (1995) and Honorary Professor (2010), winner of the State Prize of Ukraine in Science and Technology (2013), Recipient of the Order of Prince Yaroslav the Wise (2018).
- In 1972 A.A. Mazaraki graduated from the Faculty of Technology of Kyiv Institute of Trade and Economics with a major in Public Catering Organization Technology.
- Between 1972 and 1975 he worked as junior researcher at the Ukrainian Research Institute of Trade and Catering Ministry of Trade the USSR. In 1975–1984 he held the position of senior engineer, junior researcher, senior researcher at the Council for the Study productive forces of the USSR ANU.
- In 1984–1987 was Deputy Director of Research of the National Institute of Design and Technology Trade Ministry of Trade of the USSR. In 1987–1988 he worked as Deputy Director General of NGO "Torhprohres" the Ministry of Trade of the USSR.
- Since 1988 his activity has been connected with the higher education: scientific secretary, assistant professor of economics trade, Dean of the Faculty of Commerce and Economics, Vice-Chancellor of the Kyiv Institute of Trade and Economics (today Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics). Since 1991 he has become the rector of that Institute/University.
- Since 1994 he has been the rector of Kyiv State University of Trade and Economics, which in 2000, by the Decree of the President of Ukraine, was granted the status of the National University.
He is a well-known scientist in the field of the modern economic theory, in particular, on the issues of commodity circulation in market conditions; an author of scientific works on the problems of formation of the effective mechanism of state regulation of the sphere of circulation, substantiation of methodical aspects of the strategy of foreign economic activity of Ukraine, development of domestic and foreign trade.
Prepared and published more than 330 scientific papers, including 33 monographs. Author and co-author of 31 textbooks and manuals on the economy. Prepared 16 Doctors and 12 Candidates of Sciences, provides scientific advice to 8 doctoral students.
A. A. Mazaraki is:
- the Chairman of the Scientific and Methodical Committee on Administration and Management of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine;
- the Chairman of the Specialized Academic Board for Conferring PhD and Doctoral degrees;
- a member of the Academic Board of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the Chairman of the Economics section
- the Chairman of the editorial boards of the scientific-practical journal "Herald of KNUTE" and the international scientific and practical journal "Goods and Markets"
- the Chairman of the editorial board of "Retail-Ukraine" trade enterprise,
- the head of the scientific school on Solving development problems in the sphere of commodity circulation as a precondition for economic growth;
- a member of the Public Council under the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine;
- a member of the graduate council of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine,
- a member of the Committee on State Prizes of Ukraine in Education;
- a member of the Academic Board of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine;
- board member of Znannia Association,
- a member of the editorial boards of all-Ukrainian scientific and practical journal "Treasury of Ukraine" and industrial and practical journal of the Chamber of Commerce of Ukraine "Business Herald",
- a member of the editorial boards of the journals "Economy of Ukraine", "Financial Control", "Competition. Bulletin of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine",
- Honorary Professor of the University of Soka Gakkai (Japan); Russian State University of Trade and Economics (Russia); the Budapest Institute Economics (Hungary); Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics,
- Honorary Doctor of the Cracow University of Economics (Poland); the Belarus State Economic University (Belarus); the Belarusian Trade and Economics University of Consumer Cooperatives (Belarus),
- an active initiator of reforming of the higher school. Prepares and makes proposals to draft laws of Ukraine and other normative-legal acts. The University, headed by him, is the leader in the process of modernization of the content of education, introduction of new training technologies. In 2006 Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics joined the Great Charter of Universities (Magna Charta Universitatum). The University has created a complex consisting of 16 educational institutions of different levels, Scientific and research financial institute, actively functioning of the technical Committee for standardization, technology transfer Center. The University is the member of International organization of trade and economic education.
In headed by A.A. Mazaraki University the training of "bachelors" and "masters" is carried out. There are 21 specialties, 23 bachelor’s programmes, including 2 English language programmes, 60 master’s programmes, including 10 English language programmes.
A wide range educational services is provided to ensure the fundamental basic training and individualization of education. There is an ongoing work on the improvement of curricula, reviewing the contents of academic subjects for the purpose of aggregation, strengthening the scientific component of training specialists of a new formation on the basis of competence approach. Under the leadership of the rector the industry standards of higher education in three majors have been developed.
The rector pays special attention to strengthening of the University’s academic staff potential. The University has four specialized academic boards, which are responsible for holding defense of PhD and Doctoral theses. Today the PhD studies training of highly qualified scientific and pedagogical staff is carried out in 16 scientific fields and doctoral studies in 7 scientific fields, which contributes to the reproduction of the intellectual potential, replenishment and renewal of the scientific-pedagogic and research staff, improvement of efficiency of preparation of the scientific staff of the Kiev National University of Trade and Economics. The rector initiated establishing and ensured functioning of the system of preparation of master’s degree students reserve, who might apply for PhD and doctoral studies.
The University is a modern methodological centre for educational institutions, which train specialists in the sphere of business and trade. According to the international standard ISO 9001:2009, a modern quality management system has been developed in Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics. The integrated automated information system of university management is working effectively. International cooperation in the field of economic science and expert training is developing actively.
The rector monitors and checks the process of realization of measures on creation of favorable conditions for learning, comfortable stay and residence of students, including those with special needs.
- the Order of Prince Yaroslav the Wise of IV and V classes,
- the Order of Merit III, II and I classes,
- Commemorative Gold Medal "10 Years of Ukraine’s Independence",
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 1500th Anniversary of Kyiv",
- Certificate of Honour of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine,
- Certificate of Honour of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine,
- award from the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine "For Merits in Combating Economic Crimes" I class,
- breastplate from the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine "For Diligent Work" I class,
- breastplate "Honorary Worker of the State Treasury of Ukraine,"
- breastplate from the State Customs Service of Ukraine "For Customs Security of the State" I class,
- Letter of Gratitude from Kyiv Mayor,
- Certificate of Honour "For Development of Education",
- gold medal of the Znannia Association,
- other government awards.
Has the Order "Academic Palm" (France) and other foreign government awards.