University History and Mission
The history of Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics starts from Kyiv branch of the all – Union Correspondence Institute of Soviet Trade founded in 1946.
According to the resolution on the Council of Ministers of UkrSSR № 50 of January 14, 1959, Kyiv branch was put under the command of Kharkiv Institute of Soviet Trade, and later that year of Donetsk Institute of Soviet Trade.
By the resolution of the Council of ministers of Ukr.SSR № 195 of March 4, 1966 Kyiv Institute of Trade and Economics was founded.
By the Decree № 592 of August 29, 1994 of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine the educational establishment was converted into Kyiv State University of Trade and Economics.
By the Decree of the President of Ukraine № 1059/2000 of September 11, 2000 the University was granted the status of the National University.
In 2006 the University signed the world known Magna Charta Universitatum.
We became the first higher educational institution in Ukraine to be certified for meeting the requirements of the standard ISO 9001:2015.
University’s mission is to work for the present and future generations.
Main priorities in the University’s strategic development are:
- Further implementation of the developed course concerning innovation development of the University, which presupposes development and implementation of modern forms and methods of work, ensuring training of highly qualified experts who will be able to deal with real life professional issues.
- Active work aimed at integration within the world and European educational community. Taking measures to ensure compatibility and consistency of the University’s organization and content of training with educational systems of leading European universities, implementation of the best practices.
- Optimization of enrollment process, improvement of occupational guidance for prospective students, increase of number of qualification degrees.
- Outstanding work in increasing the level of teachers’ scientific preparation efficiency in order to improve the faculty preparation quality and insure the availability of qualified teachers with high academic and pedagogic credentials at all departments.
- Ensuring the development of scientific activity of the University in order to make it meet the standards of a research higher educational institution. This means we have to change and update the topics of scientific research, set special organizational units, increase the impact on social and economic development of Ukraine.
- Constant development of the Quality Management System, encouraging the participation of lecturers, instructors and other University employees in improving the University’s activity.
- Improvement of the facilities and resources with the aim to further enhance the academic process, physical training and development work, improve the amenities for students and employees.
- Social development of employees, employee motivation increase, safety of working conditions, implementation of social and ecological programmes.