III International Educational Forum for Foreign Language Teachers on Reforming Foreign Language Higher EducationGeneral Information
Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics welcomed the participants of the 3rd International Educational Forum for Foreign Languages Teachers on Reforming Foreign Language Higher Education, which took place on November 8-9, 2019 and became a platform for representatives of 106 higher education institutions from all over Ukraine.
Mazaraki, KNUTE Rector, addressed the participants of the event and noted that the gradual increase in the number of Forum participants (1500 teachers attended 1st and 2nd event and 1200 participants registered to take part in this year’s event) proves the importance of such meetings. He emphasized that this Forum was made possible through the fruitful cooperation of KNUTE, the Department of Foreign Philology and Translation in particular with external partners - international educational companies Pearson Education and Dinternal Education. He also added that this partnership contributes to the efficient and quality preparation of students, which cannot be imagined without the use of multimedia technologies and electronic devices.
The following speakers shared the latest trends, concepts and research results in the field of foreign language higher education with the Forum participants:
- Agnieszka Giebel-Szymanska, Regional Business Development Manager at Pearson Central Europe
- Sean Harty, Founder and Managing Director of Dinternal Education
- Maryna Mruga, State Expert of the Directorate of Higher Education and Adult Education, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
- Zhanna Sevastyanova, Higher Education Project Manager British Coucil Ukraine
- Nataliia Starynska, co-founder and project manager of Higher
- Olena Orzhel, Researcher Institute of Higher Education the NAESU
- Dmytro Mazin, Head of the Department of English, National University of Kyiv Mohyla Academy
- Olha Pavlenko, President of IATEFL Ukraine
- Anna Timofiieva, PTE Country Manager International Language Assessment Center
The participants of the event spent two unforgettable days at KNUTE with vivid discussions, seminars and workshops, laying the groundwork for further professional cooperation.