International Student Scientific Conference «Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Business: Realities and Challenges»General Information
On April 12, 2022, the Faculty of Restaurant, Hotel, and Tourism Business (hereinafter - FRHTB) hosted the International Student Scientific Conference «Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Business: Realities and Challenges» in an online format using the service «ZOOM».
The scientific event for students and teachers took place in difficult extraordinary conditions of martial law. At the same time, the Conference attracted the attention of creative and conscious youth of other countries to present current issues and ways of development in the global hospitality industry and tourism.
The rector of SUTE, Doctor of Economics, Professor Mazaraki A.A. addressed the participants of the conference with a welcoming speech. He noted the extreme importance of holding a scientific event in current difficult conditions, the relevance of the presented students' research topics, and revealing a range of scientific and practical cases of hospitality and tourism, which are the basis for national economic recovery.
The conference was attended by students from Slovenia, Uzbekistan, Georgia, and India, as well as such cities of Ukraine as Kyiv, Odesa, Lviv, Kharkiv, Chernivtsi, and Vinnytsia; and, of course, participants of the educational process of the Faculty of Restaurant, Hotel and Tourism Business of SUTE, and representatives of the administration of SUTE. Special mention should be made to the students of Chernihiv Polytechnic National University, who were able to join the conference despite the difficult situation caused by the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Innovative research results of students' scientific investigation were presented in Ukrainian and English at the plenary session:
- Geiko Maksym, a fourth-year student of the FRHTB, made a report «Financial support of the hotel and restaurant industry in the face of military aggression» (supervisor - M.V. Kulik, Candidate of Economic Sciences, Assoc. Prof.);
- Litnarovych Victoria, a fourth-year student of FRHTB, presented the report «Digital transformation of the tourism sector in the postwar period» (supervisor - Bosovska MV, Doctoral of Economic Sciences, Prof.);
- Shpylka Ivan, a 4th-year student of FRHTB, paid attention to the peculiarities of the impact of chronic stress in his report «Nutrition in martial law: anti-stress diet» (supervisor - Fedorova D.V., Doctoral of Technical Science, Prof.);
- Polyakova Daria, a first-year student of FRHTB, focused on the importance of a healthy lifestyle for youth «Motor activity in stress situation» (supervisor - Gamov V.G., Head of the Department of Physical Culture);
- Tertychna Anastasia, 2nd-year student of FRHTB, report on «Journey to the «another» city» (supervisor - Kravtsov S.S., Candidate of Technical Science, Assoc. Prof.);
- Martynenko Victoria, a third-year student of FRHTB, noted the important components of safety in her report «Shelter Design: Safety Aspects» (supervisor - Rasulov R.A., Candidate of Technical Sciences, Assoc. Prof.).
The conference participants discussed the essence of global challenges in the field of tourism, trends, opportunities for the development of hotel, restaurant, and tourism business in the postwar period, and analyzed strategies and models of innovative development of services.
In the final speech, the Dean of the Faculty of Restaurant, Hotel and Tourism Business, Vedmid N.I. wished all participants of the conference further scientific achievements and the soonest implementation in peacetime. Everything will be Ukraine!