The third module of the project "EU Authorized Economic Operator Program: Implementation in Ukraine" (EUAEOUA) within the framework of the implementation of the Erasmus+ program, Jean Monnet action, took place on October 23-27, 2023 at the State University of Trade and Economics (SUTE).
More than 40 participants took part in the module, including civil servants, representatives of local self-government bodies, business representatives (manufacturers, logistics and customs brokerage companies), customs officials, customs brokers, scientists and lectures, PhD students, students of various educational levels, specialties and programs of SUTE and other higher education institutions from different regions of Ukraine.
40 hours of discussion lectures were held, devoted to the coverage of such basic issues of the functioning of Authorized Economic Operators (AEOs), as:
- AEO program: experience of the EU and countries of the world;
- Types of AEO authorization: criteria, simplification and benefits;
- Preparation of the enterprise for obtaining AEO authorization. Filling out a self-assessment questionnaire;
- Verification by customs authorities of enterprises compliance according to AEO criteria;
- Problems and prospects of the implementation of the AEO program in Ukraine.
The executors and speakers of the EUAEOUA project are:
- Taras KARAVAYEV– Professor of the Commodity Science and Customs Affairs Department (coordinator of the EUAEOUA project);
- Ganna DUGINETS – Head of the World Economy Department;
- Oksana ZOLOTAROVA – Associate Professor of the Commodity Science and Customs Affairs Department.
In the 3rd module, the executors have improved the Program for a better mastering by listeners of issues related to the preparation of enterprises to obtain the AEO status in Ukraine, the assessment of compliance with the AEO criteria by the customs authorities, added practical materials, updated data on international experience and problematic issues in the field of AEO.
Conducting the module was one more step for the implementation of the AEO Program in Ukraine, taking into account the experience of the EU and countries around the world.
We say thank you all for participating in the 3rd EUAEOUA module, fruitful and constructive discussion, positive feedback!
We invite new listeners to participate in the 4th module, which will be held in February 2024. Follow our announcements on the EUAEOUA project page on the SUTE website via the link: https://knute.edu.ua/blog/read/?pid=45740&en
Professor of the Commodity Science and Customs Affairs Department,
coordinator of the EUAEOUA project