The main purpose of the Department of Commodity Science, Safety and Quality Management is to train highly qualified specialists in the field of food products’ commodity science, safety and quality management, provide formation of assortment policy of trade enterprises and organization of their effective activity.
The Department commodity science, safety and quality management (the head of the department is Doctor of technical sciences, Professor Iuliia M. Motuzka) provides training of students at the educational programs:
- Category Management in Retail (specialty 076 “Entrepreneurship, Trade and Exchange Activity” educational levels “Bachelor” and “Master»”),
- Commodity Science and Commercial Logistics (specialty 076 “Entrepreneurship, Trade and Exchange Activity” educational levels “Bachelor” and “Master»”),
- Pharmaceutical management (specialty 073 “Management” educational level “Bachelor”).
The powerful scientific and pedagogical staff (5 Doctors of sciences, 9 PhD) of the Department constantly improves the forms and methods of tuition, using both traditional forms and the latest teaching methods (business games, problem lectures, excursions to manufacturing enterprises, etc.). The staff of the department conducts thorough and extensive organizational and methodological work on the introduction of innovations in the educational process in order to modernize the educational process, accelerate integration into the international educational space.
The educational process is provided using the latest technologies and technical equipment in classrooms and laboratories.
An integral part of the implementation of scientific competence of teaching staff of the Department is the involvement in the examination of legislative acts (Law of Ukraine "On Basic Principles and Requirements for Safety and Quality of Food", "On Internal Trade", "On New Food", "On Higher Education"), The State Concept of Ukraine in the field of consumer protection and other regulations), participation in the work of technical committees of standardization (technical committees 93, 97, 118), reviewing standards for different groups of food products.
THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMODITY SCIENCE, SAFETY AND QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Head of the Department
Iuliia M. Motuzka,
Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor
Assistants’ Office Telephone
KEY DIRECTIONS OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH:
- development of systematic approaches to food products safety and quality management;
- development of physiologically functional food products;
- improvement of goods identification and expertise methods.
The Department of Commodity Science, Safety and Quality Management closely cooperates with educational institutions of other countries, in particular Poland, USA, China. Especially close and fruitful relations with the Poznan University of Economics and Krakow Economic Academy, which have signed a cooperation agreement which is in force nowadays.
There is constant exchange of students between the Merchandising Department of Poznan Economic University. Students, who are trained on the Department of Commodity Science, Safety and Quality Management, constantly take part in professional degustation in specialized exhibitions, TV-programes.
During training students
have lectures with foreign lecturers.
In recent years they have been read some lectures devoted to the development of the science of commodities and the problems of quality and safety of consumer goods, namely:
- Professor Markus Jobe (Miami University of Ohio, USA) is a course of lectures on statistics;
- Professor Jan Koziol (Poznan University of Economics, Poland) - "Modern world trends in commodity research and quality control"
- Professor Anne Kosi (Poznan University of Economics, Poland) - "The Latest research methods of b vitamins in food"
- Professor Jan Asciak (Poznan University of Economics, Poland) - "The problems of quality management and building a system of quality management", " Training of specialists on quality management - experience foodstuff faculty PES"
- Dr. Jan Luczak (Poznan University of Economics, Poland) - " Practical aspects of building a quality system"
- Professor Michael Moody (Agro center University of Louisiana, USA) - "the Issues of safety of usage food additives in food products in the US".
The Department of Commodity Science, Safety and Quality Management continues and expands scientific and scientific-practical cooperation with such institutions, organizations and enterprises:
- State Enterprise “Ukrmetrteststandard”;
- Kyiv City Department of consumer protection;
- Kyiv City Main Department of Statistics;
- Scientific Research Institute of Phototherapy Uzhgorod National University (Research Institute of Phototherapy will Dine);
- JSC “Ukrainian research Institute of paper”;
- JSC “Banquet”;
- LLC “Epicenter K”;
- LLC “Hypermarket market Auchan”;
- the Institute of Potato of the Ukrainian Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine;
- Lviv station of plant protection;
- National University of Bio resources and Nature Management;
- Institute of vegetable and melon-growing UAAS;
- Evpatoria fish factory;
- the TV station “New”;
Department of Commodity Science, Safety and Quality Management cooperates with the International Institute of safety and quality of food products by operation of Scientific and educational center.
Continuing joint work with public organizations, in particular the NGO “Quality of life”, Scientific-research center for independent consumer expertise “Test” and others.
the result of cooperation of publications were prepared, conducted exchange of scientific information, taken part in a series of TV programs: “Risky life”, “New views” and others.
On the basis of cooperation with the Kyiv city Department of consumer protection conditions were created for the implementation of student programs, practices, conduct joint research, publications, information exchange. Thanks to the contract with the state enterprise "Ukrmetrteststandard” were conducted joint research in the field of identification of commodity characteristics of goods (works, services).
Department cooperates with NGOs, in particular the NGO “Quality of life”, Scientific-research center for independent consumer expertise “Test”, NGO “PULSE”, etc.