Research activities of the Department of International Management
The scientific activity of the Department of International Management is planned, organized, and carried out in accordance with the requirements of the laws of Ukraine "On Education", "On Higher Education", "On Scientific and Scientific-Technical Activity" and is an integral part of the educational process, its scientific basis. The planning and organization of scientific work are carried out by taking into account the personal scientific interests of the department's teachers, the needs of the university, and business requirements.
The strategic directions of research work are: the study of prerequisites and determinants of the development of the foreign economic activity of enterprises in the conditions of global challenges, transformational processes in the field of foreign economic relations; problems of optimizing the foreign economic policy of Ukraine, in particular, in the field of tariff and non-tariff regulation; organizational and management aspects of foreign trade operations, management of foreign trade enterprises of all forms of ownership; monitoring and analysis of current trends in the world market of goods and services; formation of an effective mechanism of activity of the enterprises-subjects of the foreign economic activity (FEA); development of export strategies of domestic enterprises.
Execution of research topics
Annually, the department carries out scientific and research works, during the implementation of which the scientific and methodological support of the disciplines of specialization is formed, dissertation researches of post-graduate students of the department are carried out, scientific articles and monographs are prepared, and in particular:
- "The potential of import substitution in Ukraine under the conditions of the formation of a post-industrial economy (2019-2021)
- "Strategy of structural reorientation of the economy of Ukraine in the conditions of the pandemic" (2021-2023)
- "Formation of the national brand of Ukraine in the international environment" (2018-2020)
- "Export promotion of Ukraine in conditions of destabilization of global trade regulators" (2017-2019)
- "Global imperatives for the development of international production networks" (2017-2019)
- "Strategic partnership in terms of economic security of Ukraine" (2016-2018)
- "European integration priorities of national business" (2015-2017),
- "Geospatial priorities of foreign economic relations of Ukraine" (2014-2016),
- "Determinants of the development of the foreign trade sector of Ukraine (2013-2015),
- "Identification of conflict in the relationship between suppliers and international trade networks" (2014),
- "Economic sovereignty of Ukraine in the face of global challenges" (2012-2014),
- "Strategy of the post-crisis development of the foreign economic sector of Ukraine" (2011-2013),
- "Ukraine on the world markets of goods and services" (2011-2013),
- "Priorities of Ukrainian-Moldovan trade and economic relations in the context of the strategy of cross-border cooperation and
- European integration" (August-December 2011),
- "Priorities for the development of innovation and information potential of Ukraine in the conditions of global competition and integration" (2009–2011),
- "Structural reorientation of foreign trade as a factor of sustainable economic development" (2008–2010),
- "Regional aspects of cross-border cooperation between Ukraine and the EU" (2008–2010),
- "Theoretical and methodological foundations of the management of foreign economic activity in the conditions of globalization" (2008–2010),
- "Economic security of Ukraine in the context of European integration" (2007–2009),
The topics of the scientific and research work (SRW) are relevant, professionally oriented: the problems of the development of the foreign economic activity of enterprises, the mechanisms of regulation of foreign trade under the conditions of globalization, the effects of the integration development of modern Ukraine on the state of economic security of enterprises, the conceptual principles of the structural reorientation of foreign trade of Ukraine to ensure sustainable economic development and economic sovereignty of the country are studied.
Leading specialists of the department lead the implementation of scientific research in various areas: Prof., Doctor of Economics. Melnyk T.M.; Prof. Melnychenko S.V. In addition to teachers, post-graduate students, graduates of the department, as well as students are involved in the implementation of the state budget and self-financing topics. All research is relevant and meets modern requirements of science and practice. Research results (in the form of publications, presentations at seminars, conferences, and business forums, and implementations in the practical activities of enterprises) have scientific and practical significance.
In 2018, the department completed the implementation of a grant agreement with the Jean Monnet Foundation (module) on the topic "Deep and comprehensive free trade area (FTA+) with the EU: advantages and problems for Ukrainian society." Duration of the project: September 2015 - September 2018. Sources of project funding: co-financing of KNTEU and the relevant EU body (Jean Monnet Program funds).
Since 2022, a grant agreement with the Jean Monnet Foundation (module) has been implemented on the topic "EU anti-corruption policy: key elements, orientation towards sustainable development, lessons for Ukraine". Project duration: March 2022 - March 2025. Sources of project funding: co-financing by KNTEU and the relevant EU body (Jean Monnet Program funds).
Reviewing and opposing the results of scientific research
The teachers of the department systematically act as opponents and reviewers of dissertations, abstracts, scientific articles, teaching aids, textbooks, etc. In recent years, leading scientists of the department acted as opponents of 15 dissertation studies for obtaining the degree of Ph.D . in Economics; participated in the review of 12 dissertations, with subsequent participation in an interdepartmental seminar, for the degree of Candidate of Economic Sciences and 4 dissertations for the degree of Doctor of Economic Sciences.
5 abstracts for obtaining the degree of Doctor of Economic Sciences and 25 abstracts for obtaining the degree of Candidate of Economic Sciences were also reviewed; 7 training manuals and textbooks and 19 articles were submitted for publication in the KNTEU Bulletin and Commodities and Markets magazines.
In 2021, teachers and graduate students of the department participated in 21 conferences. According to the results of participation in conferences, 21 theses were published, 17 articles were published in journals included in the list of scientific specialized publications of Ukraine and 16 of them are included in the scientometric Index Copernicus, 12 articles in journals included in the scientometric databases WoS and Scopus. participated in 54 conferences and 6 round tables were held at which 75 reports were presented. A total of 28 teachers and 8 post-graduate students of the department took part in the conferences.
Scientific publishing activity
Publishing activity remains one of the priority areas of research work. Teachers and graduate students of the department constantly publish a significant number of monographs, training manuals, and scientific and methodological literature based on the results of their scientific research.
Approbation of the results of scientific research
The results of scientific research of the department are implemented in the practice of enterprises and state administration bodies of various levels by holding conferences and round tables, seminars, exchange of information, practical assistance to specialists, preparation of analytical materials in the form of methodological recommendations, as well as thanks to the introduction of new disciplines into the educational process, updating educational and methodological support of the taught disciplines.
Scientific and methodical developments based on the results of the GDR found their implementation in the activities of enterprises with foreign investments, and state administration bodies, which is confirmed by relevant certificates, in particular, of the Ukrainian-Austrian Enterprise LLC "Fischer-Mukachevo", the Main Department of the Security Service of Ukraine, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Ukraine.
Postgraduate and doctoral studies in the department
The department of international management has a scientific school, which is the center of scientific work of teachers and postgraduate students of the department. The scientific school at the department was founded by the doctor of economic sciences, professor, academician of the Academy of Pedagogical Sciences, and honored worker of science and technology of Ukraine A.A. Mazaraki The direction of the activity of the scientific school is related to the study of a wide range of theoretical and applied problems in the field of foreign economic activity, as well as the problems of the formation of the market mechanism of enterprise management in the context of institutional changes in Ukraine. The scientific school is headed by a Doctor of Economics. Prof. T.M. Miller. Under her supervision, candidates' theses were prepared on the problems of management of the foreign economic activity, mechanisms of increasing the international competitiveness of domestic enterprises - foreign trade entities, and implementation of foreign trade policy under the conditions of openness of the national market. The specific areas of research of the scientific school of the graduate department cover current problems of foreign exchange management, increasing the efficiency of foreign economic activity of domestic enterprises, mechanisms for strengthening the economic security of enterprises in the face of global challenges, structural reorientation of foreign trade of Ukraine in the context of sustainable economic development, forms of exit of enterprises to foreign markets, determination of export the potential of enterprises, the development of the export strategy of the company - subjects of foreign economic activity, the innovative development of the economy of domestic companies through the mechanisms of foreign economic interaction, and others.
Student scientific work
Full-time and part-time students are actively involved in the research work of the department.
Forms of involvement of students in scientific work are their participation in the department's GDR, work in scientific circles, participation in student scientific conferences, Olympiads, and competitions, and preparation of publications, essays, courses,s, and final qualification papers.
Among the important scientific achievements, the following can be distinguished:
- Conducting of the 3rd All-Ukrainian Student Scientific and Practical Conference "Geoeconomic and political and legal challenges to the structural restructuring of Ukraine's international relations"
- Diploma of the 1st degree of the OS "Bachelor" in the 2nd stage of the All-Ukrainian Student Olympiad in the specialty "Management", specialization "Management of foreign economic activity" (Iryna Vynohradska)
- Diploma of the first degree for winning the II round of the All-Ukrainian competition of student scientific papers in the specialization "Management of foreign economic activity" (Anastasia Vlasenko, Tsanko Ivan)